Zoom introduces Zoom Docs, expands platform for next-generation flexible collaboration
New modular, flexible, AI-powered workspace integrates with Zoom for documentation, project and data management, creating tables, wikis, tasks, and more
Today at Zoomtopia 2023 in San Jose, Calif., Zoom announced a new product, Zoom Docs, a modular, flexible AI-powered workspace, purpose-built to address today’s hybrid work challenges.
“Hybrid work is hard enough, and the status quo for document creation and collaboration isn’t cutting it anymore. Zoom is helping our customers by bringing the definition of a ‘doc’ into 2023 — with powerful document authoring and collaboration capabilities, modern collaboration tools, and a next-gen workspace built from the ground up with AI at its heart; Zoom Docs is that solution,” said Smita Hashim, chief product officer at Zoom. “With Zoom Docs, teams can work faster, all while minimizing silos and being seamlessly integrated into the Zoom interface that users already know and love.”
Zoom Docs evolves work management
With Zoom Docs, teams can not only create documents, they can also build wikis and manage workflows seamlessly, all on the Zoom platform. Zoom Docs is modular, easy to use, and adaptable, and integrates with Zoom and third-party apps, making it easy for teams and individuals to create, collaborate, manage projects, and stay organized. And with Zoom AI built in, users can populate docs with content from Zoom Meetings to inform and jumpstart creation, and generate content with Zoom AI Companion to create compelling plans and projects based on previous discussions.
“Collaboration is shifting from point products to a single unified platform, bringing together multiple forms of communication,” said Zeus Kerravala, Principal Analyst at ZK Research. “Zoom’s newest innovations, including how it integrates AI in a way that makes sense for its customers, shows how it delivers a single solution to address all collaboration needs. With the addition of Zoom Docs and its purpose-built AI capabilities, Zoom is well positioned to reimagine the way we collaborate at work and beyond.”
Increasing productivity during hybrid work
- Powered by AI: Jumpstart creation by asking AI Companion to help edit or change Doc tones, brainstorm, and summarize or query the content to quickly get caught up. AI Companion can pull in information across Zoom Meetings and Team Chat too, streamlining the way you share information across Zoom.
- Tightly integrated: Natively embedded into the Zoom experience and integrated with third-party apps to streamline collaboration within a single, powerful workspace.
- Easy to use: Designed for a variety of user needs to deliver a robust yet simple user experience that lowers the learning curve for getting started with Zoom Docs. Users can delegate tasks, get insights faster, and keep teams on track between meetings, so they can focus on their goals.
Multi-purpose and flexible
Built with collaborative work and content creation in mind, Docs brings a robust feature set and Zoom’s world-class user experience together in one solution, so teams can get to work.
- Enhanced documents for a truly collaborative workspace: Use content blocks to pull information into customizable layouts and workflows. Table blocks help organize data, manage projects, track tasks, and manage schedules through columns, filters, and grouping.
- Collaborate with a click: With Zoom Docs, users can bring their teams together to get more done between meetings. Mention colleagues to loop them into timely discussions, add comments and threads to maintain context, and assign tasks, share, and collaborate to keep everyone on track.
- Combine knowledge with wikis and shared folders: Create wikis to link all pages and embed them in a visual tree, so the team can instantly see how information is connected. Group pages into hierarchies to organize docs with folders for a more complete knowledge source.
- Work directly in Meetings, Team Chat, or from the web: Seamlessly integrated into the Zoom platform, users can create, edit, and search Zoom Docs content within Meetings, Team Chat, and the Zoom desktop, web, and mobile apps.
Zoom Docs is expected to be generally available in 2024.
For more about Zoom Docs and how Zoom innovates to optimize for flexible collaboration, tune in to Zoomtopia live on October 3–4.
Zoom is an all-in-one intelligent collaboration platform that makes connecting easier, more immersive, and more dynamic for businesses and individuals. Zoom technology puts people at the center, enabling meaningful connections, facilitating modern collaboration, and driving human innovation through solutions like team chat, phone, meetings, omnichannel cloud contact center, smart recordings, whiteboard, and more, in one offering. Founded in 2011, Zoom is publicly traded (NASDAQ:ZM) and headquartered in San Jose, California. Get more info at zoom.com.
 AI Companion may not be available for all regions and industry verticals.