Zoom’s newest AI innovations help make analytics more accessible and customer experience more impactful
New AI Companion capabilities across the Zoom platform include an analytics dashboard to help admins understand usage and adoption, and contact center agents feel empowered
Today Zoom announced new AI Companion capabilities to help improve connection, productivity, and collaboration across the platform. Along with additional enhancements across Zoom Team Chat, Zoom Whiteboard, and Zoom Meetings, Zoom AI Companion, the company’s generative AI assistant that is included at no additional cost,* can now help administrators track AI usage and adoption, and contact centers agents improve interactions with customers.
“AI Companion has generated over 5 million meeting summaries since we launched it in September 2023,” said Mahesh Ram, head of AI at Zoom. “We are focused on building AI capabilities that support collaboration, connection, and productivity, and empower users to do their best work. By continuing to launch new features for AI Companion, including an analytics dashboard and AI Companion for Zoom Contact Center, our aim is to help more people feel supported and enabled to build connections together.”
AI Companion analytics at admins’ fingertips
To help streamline the usage and adoption of AI Companion across an organization, Zoom is introducing an analytics dashboard to help owners and admins gain a better understanding of how AI Companion is being used across their organization and if more support is needed.
- Analytics dashboard: Zoom admins can now access an AI Companion analytics dashboard in the Zoom admin portal that helps them to better understand usage and adoption of AI Companion within their organization. This provides opportunities for admins to provide support and remind their users of the ways AI Companion can help streamline their workday.
Zoom Contact Center gets a boost from AI
AI has become a critical ingredient for many successful contact centers. To help businesses big and small get the most out of Zoom, AI Companion is now more widely available across the platform, including with Zoom Contact Center.
- Contact Center: AI Companion for Contact Center can now summarize customer chats and conversations to enable better agent understanding and smoother hand-offs, generate post-call tasks for follow-up, and support speech analytics and live sentiment.
Supercharging workplace communications with AI
Zoom is constantly innovating and bringing new capabilities to market in an effort to help users improve productivity and collaboration in the workplace. Stop toggling back and forth between apps, and let AI Companion help you spend less time on busy work with these new capabilities:
- Team Chat: When using Team Chat, AI Companion will detect intent to schedule a meeting and will generate a pop-up that, when clicked, opens a calendar invite pre-filled with attendees, as well as date and time information for users, all based on the message’s content. All you have to do is click Send!
- Whiteboard: Users now have the ability to create mind maps within Zoom Whiteboard using AI Companion to help visually organize thoughts that stem from a central idea based on user prompts.
AI makes Zoom Meetings more inclusive
Using the right pronouns is critical to engaging with teammates equitably to help them feel comfortable and so they can collaborate with others.
- Meetings: AI Companion will use attendees’ gender pronouns from their Zoom profile when generating Meeting Summaries to help meeting participants feel seen and acknowledged.
For more information on AI Companion, visit the Zoom website.
Zoom is an all-in-one intelligent collaboration platform that makes connecting easier, more immersive, and more dynamic for businesses and individuals. Zoom technology puts people at the center, enabling meaningful connections, facilitating modern collaboration, and driving human innovation through solutions like team chat, phone, meetings, omnichannel cloud contact center, smart recordings, whiteboard, and more, in one offering. Founded in 2011, Zoom is publicly traded (NASDAQ:ZM) and headquartered in San Jose, California. Get more info at zoom.com.
*Note: AI Companion is included at no additional cost for customers with the paid services assigned to their Zoom user accounts and may not be available for all regions and industry verticals.